VMware Horizon Community
mclark
Expert
Expert

"Unable to plug-in virtual device" error

I have some Wyse C90LE7 thin clients with the wireless option that we are now trying to use with View for the first time as wireless devices. When I connect to the wireless network with the thin client and then try to attach to the View desktop, I get the following error from the View client:

"Unable to forward 'Ralink 802.11n USB wireless LAN card' device. Could not plug-in virtual device."

As a side note, after the View client closes, then I also notice that the wireless device on the thin client is non-functional and it will not come back until the thin client is rebooted. I'm not sure why the inability for View to do something with the device causes it to go unavailable on the physical client.

If I go to the virtual desktop from another machine and look at Device Manager after having tried to connect to it with the thin client, I see a non-functional device such as "VMware View Virtual USB Device 02" listed.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get the wireless card to work with View? I'm not sure if it is a View setting, a driver issue, etc.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mclark
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos