VMware Horizon Community
jefrejosky
Contributor
Contributor

"Session Lost!" -

Has anyone else had issues with Session disconnects? We are using Dell FX100s and Wyse P20s (i saw a similar post about the P20, but we are seeing something a little different). We have a Windows Vista image that we are running via Vmware View 4.0.1 (Previous test versions have not had this problem).We are also using Netapp's Rapic Cloning Utility to make the clones and importing them to the pool. All looks normal to this point, and we ensured we had the latest firmware updates (3.1.1), until we attempt to connect. The session gets established and login procs commence. Then randomly, we just drop back to the view portal login and see the error "Session Lost!". Sometimes it happens immediately, and sometimes after a minute or two of staring at the desktop. Sometimes however, it never happens at all and we get a normal user experience?!?!?

It is so sporadic, I cant seem to locate a smoking gun. Everytime we think we find a solution, it randomly comes back (ex. turning on display override).

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dturner71
Contributor
Contributor

We're having the same issue with Samsung NC190s. I haven't had time to troubleshoot it much yet, sounds like a bug with the PCoIP zero clients though.

0 Kudos
stoltz
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had any luck solving this issue?

0 Kudos
jburleigh
Contributor
Contributor

We are also experiening the same issue. We are running WYSE P20 with Windows XP thin clients. The session disconnects appear to be random and for no reason at all. The end users and including myself are able to reconnect to the VM after the black screen and login.

Would be nice to get this fixed.

John VCP

0 Kudos
Slushy
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings.

Send an email to support@teradici.com, and include your log files.

The file pcoip_server*.txt is typically the one of interest. A new file is created each time you connect. Files older than 10 days are culled.

Please send all the log files found in that directory, both the PCOIP logs and the VMWare log and debug files.

These can be found on your VM in the following folders, depending upon the View Agent version:

View 4.0: C:\WINDOWS\Temp

View 4.0.1 & 4.5 (Win XP): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs

View 4.0.1 & 4.5 (Vista): \Users\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs

View 4.x and Win 7 C:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs

The log files are date stamped and then suffixed with a hex number. It is best to look at the Date Modified column in Windows Explorer to determine the latest log file.

0 Kudos
stoltz
Contributor
Contributor

Also one thing to check is your virus scan.

After reviewing our logs we have also noticed sessions being disconnected during virus scans.

We noticed scans taking place at unscheduled times on our linked cloned desktops after they have been recomposed, our EPO server losses management of the VM after the recompose until a new agent is deployed.

Dave

0 Kudos
AGratefulDad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sounds a lot like the problems we had with Zero clients - one thing to check is the video memory on the VM through vCenter.

We found that often, the VM's Video Memory has been reset to 4MB and of course, this was not enough to drive a higher resolution display.

That's what comes to mind when I hear of this issue.

Cheers!

Twitter: thevirtualguy

Twitter: @thevirtualguy
0 Kudos