VMware Horizon Community
dborgill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"Not all hosts are View Composer or Instant Clone compatible." Linked Clones Error

I am trying to do a very basic View Composer pilot and when I get to the Host or Cluster setting to house the desktops, all my clusters are grayed out and even after selecting Show all hosts and clusters, I receive the "Not all hosts are View Composer or Instant Clone compatible."  error. I've never run into this before on any View environment.

Here are the details of the components:

* Horizon 7.0.2

* vCenter 5.5 VCSA

* Standalone View Composer using 2012 SQL Express

* Three ESXi 5.5 hosts

* SolidFire Array

* Windows 7 SP1 gold image with snapshot

Any ideas?

viewerror.jpg

5 Replies
dborgill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I still cannot find any reference to this error whatsoever. I have tried:

* Recreating the connection to vCenter and Composer.

* Rebooting Connection Server and Composer server

Still, receiving this error.

0 Kudos
cshrookie
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.
I deployed vSphere 6.0 and vCenter 6.0U3 along with View 7.0.2 series.
I followed the hand-on lab guide from VMware. which is vmware-horizon6-view-reviewer-guide-evaluator.pdf.

I read official docs from VMware KB and Documentation to find more clues and did some additional view user setting, but no luck.

Hope to find some clues.

0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have seems this before, myself. Just can't remember the fix, I think it is one of two things;

1. Your View service account does not have the correct permissions, chek out VMware Horizon 7.0.2 – Carl Stalhood to confirm you have completed all your steps correctly.
  2. Your master image does not have a CD still mounted to the VM. Check all your VM settings.
Mike_A
0 Kudos
krish290785
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For me, One of the host in the cluster is in Not Responding state. As soon as i remove the host (I can afford to do that since its test lab) from the vCenter, I can select the Cluster and continue with the pool creation.

-Bala Krishna Gali If the above info is useful, please mark answer as correct or helpful.
oyuzseven
Contributor
Contributor

That's correct.

0 Kudos