VMware Horizon Community
w00005414
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

"Clock Skewed" in Remote Session manager

Within our View Manager 4.5 admin interface under the "Remote Sessions" section I noticed that a virtual desktop in our pool had the "Duration" column set to "Clock Skewed" and the "Start Time" was listed as 12/20/22 6:21:33 PM. Does this mean that the WIndows clock within the virtual desktop is off or is it the clock on the terminal the user is using to connect to the virtual desktop?

We are having other serious issues with virtual desktop machine account passwords becoming expired in the Windows domain and I think this time issue we are seeing might have something to do with it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If the clock skewed stays for longs time, then there is some issue.

Please ensure that all agent machines and brokers follows time with domain controller, rather than time syncronization with vmware tools (with ESX) or internet time syncronization

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If the clock skewed stays for longs time, then there is some issue.

Please ensure that all agent machines and brokers follows time with domain controller, rather than time syncronization with vmware tools (with ESX) or internet time syncronization

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If you're seeing "clock skewed" then it means the agent is reporting the session was started _after_ the current time on the broker, i.e. the time in the desktop VM is ahead of the connection server, this can definitely cause problems with e.g. kerberos authentication, you should make sure that all of your VMs and ESX hosts are using a reliable time source.