VMware Horizon Community
RitxiEstanys
Contributor
Contributor

"Agent unreachable" after upgrade to View 6.1

Hello,

I had VMware View 5.3 with 21 virtual desktops and everything was working good. But I needed a feature only available to View 6.

After upgrade to 6.1 (composer, connection server and agents) some virtual desktop's agent appears at state "Agent unreachable" and with CPU at 100%. Some of that virtual desktops returns to normal state after few hours but some of them only return to normal state after a reset.

All the virtual desktops are Windows 8.1.

What could be the issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VMTRB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this same problem and I even opened a case with VMWare. I ran a netstat -an command and found that the view agent was trying to communicate with the connection servers over port 4002. I talked to our networking team and saw that port was being blocked. Once it was opened everything opened normally.

I had to open port 4002 between the connection servers and the view agents. Once that was open the problem was fixed. I was super annoyed because that tweak wasn't mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

Anyway, check the firewall logs and see if that is your problem.

Thanks,,,

0 Kudos
RitxiEstanys
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I ran the netstat -an command at VC server and all connections were estabished except the destop that I was unable to connect. That desktop had CPU at 100%. But if I reset the desktop the connection is established again.

I think that my issue is due to another origin. I'll have to open a case with VMware.

Thank you.

0 Kudos