VMware Horizon Community
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

prevent users from accessing particular desktop pool from horizon client and browser

Hi we have few desktop pools like:

Student Pool

We have a room with 50 zero clients that has been configured to auto connect to the "Student Pool". All students has access to this pool. Desktops on this pool has generic softwares. Each desktops on this pool has been assigned with 2gb memory. Student can also access this pool from the tablets/phones/PC using browser/horizon client.

ICT Student Pool

We have a dedicated ICT room with 20 zero clients that has been configured to auto connect to the "ICT Student Pool". All students has access to this pool. Desktops on this pool has specific ICT programming softwares. Each desktops on this pool has been assinged with 4gb memory. HTML Access disabled.

I want ICT Student Pool to be only accessible via the zero clients on the ICT room, Is there anyway I can disable student from accessing this pool via horizon client ?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You could use the tags feature to restrict what pools the connection-broker is brokering, in this case that probably means that you need to setup another connection-broker replica but that is usually a simple task.

Read more about tags here:

Assign a Tag to a Desktop Pool

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Linjo,

do you mean I need to create another server (Windows Server) with connection broker service ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Yes, just install a new connection broker and choose "Replica" in the installation options.

You will also need to get the classroom clients to point to the new broker.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
bickyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so in future if I want restrictions for other pools then I have to keep on adding another connection server and use the tags feature ?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

That depends, basically you set a tag on the Connection-broker and a tag on the Pool, if they match then the connection broker can broker the desktops to the user.

Its usually used in a scenario when you have internal (lan) users and external (internet) users and maybe do not want the users to be able to access some pools when they access from the internet.

In that case you would already have separate connection-brokers.

// Linjo

0 Kudos