VMware Horizon Community
vamsiveldi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

pool creation help

Hi,

I just started creating a new pool  and it's in local mode. i gave the naming pattern XYZ-{n:fixed=2}

i want to create 40 desktops and in v centre it's just started cloning 01 to 08.

While creating pool i gave 40 in number of desktops.

it won't do 40 or it takes time to do 40 can anybody  please help me on this.

Thanks,

vamsi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not sure if I understand the problem.. Did the provisioning stop at 08 or is it just the inital batch?

Normally it will do a number concurrently, I think its actually 8.

When its done with one it will start the next.

If its not that, what is your pool-settings? Maybe you put minimum 8 and maximum 40?

Then it would provide desktops on demand after the inital 8.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not sure if I understand the problem.. Did the provisioning stop at 08 or is it just the inital batch?

Normally it will do a number concurrently, I think its actually 8.

When its done with one it will start the next.

If its not that, what is your pool-settings? Maybe you put minimum 8 and maximum 40?

Then it would provide desktops on demand after the inital 8.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
vamsiveldi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Linjo for your response.

Yes you are right, it kicked the next 8 once it's done with the first 8 can you please tell me the storage maximums for a pool.

0 Kudos
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can change the concurrent VC/Composer/Power operations values in Advance settings of the vCenter. For the Desktop Pool maximums please refer to page 42 in http://pubs.vmware.com/view-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-50-architecture-planning.pdf

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Uday s: That is actually just for full clones, to change the setting for Linked Clones you need to go into the AD LDS with ADSI-edit to change.

// Linjo

0 Kudos
uday_s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

"Max concurrent vComposer provisioning operations:" applies to linked clones right?

0 Kudos