VMware Horizon Community
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

performance tuning for PCoIP

my customer set up a test environment, and the result is Citrix Xendeskttop works well under 512k bandwidth limit, View 4 works well under 1M bandwidth in PCoIP mode.

so is there any performance tuning i can do for PCoIP? it seems vmware view is better than citrix in platform and management, but not in user experientce.

---- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What tool are you using to limit the bandwith? Any latecy introduces as well?

Have you looked in the PCOIP.ADM file? There are some settings in there that can be tweaked.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

customer use cisco switch to limit end to end bandwidth, i don't know how to do.

yes, i see the pcoip.adm file. where should i import it? the view client, view agent or both?

is there any how-to to adjust parameter in this file?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You can the apply the policy on both.

I don't think there is a how-to, but the adm-file is not hard to understand.

When it comes to setting limitations on the network its also important to look at latency, its usually a bigger problem then bandwith when it comes to WAN-links

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i can find simple explanation in each parameter.but for some parameter, they are too simple.

and i find a clue to prove this adm can be applied to both end-point(view client and view agent host).

This policy sets the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) size for the PCoIP

session. It includes the IP and UDP or TCP packet headers. If the two endpoints have different MTU size settings then the lowest size is used for the session.

so the final MTU is negociate by two end-points.

0 Kudos