VMware Horizon Community
mplanck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

paste format

I'm doing a trial with about a half dozen of my users and I'm having a consistant problem with copy/paste functions. We're using View4 & PCoIP in this trial, the image was originally based off XP SP3 & Office 2003 SP3. The users copy from Excel into Powerpoint and sometimes when pasting (using Paste Special) the format selection is missing - only Unformatted Text is avaliable. Do the exact same operation and it's OK, then try a 3rd time and it fails again.This is with me sitting there watching the operation - it's very strange to see this.

I thought it was a problem with Office so I imaged one of the users computers (XP SP2 & Office 2003 SP3) and converted that into another pool and allowed them to test with that as the base image. They still experience the same problem. Switch back to the non-virtual computer and it works every time. Because it only happens in the virtual environment regardless of image I'm starting to think it has something to do with that. I have a few more ideas to try but I don't know if it will make a difference or not. I can switch them to RPD and I also have a thin client instead of a thick client I could have one person test with.

Has anyone experience anything like this or have any pointers regarding this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would suggest trying to connect to the remote desktop with RDP and seeing if the issue happens then. That would help isolate whether it's specific to PCoIP.

0 Kudos
rseabrooke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am running into this same problem. Only difference is that I am using Wordpefect and copying and pasting Wordperfect documents ends up with the same results. I am guessing PCOIP has issues with the copy command? Has anybody come up with a fix?

0 Kudos