VMware Horizon Community
QuestMarkBai
Contributor
Contributor

no option to specify connection server when installing agent on RDSH

I have a windows 2016 Remote Desktop Session Host server running as a VM on Hyper-V.

when want to install view agent 7.8 or 7.10 on it as unmanaged RDS server, there is no way to specify the connection server.

Tried to run the installer with /v"VDM_VC_MANAGED_AGENT=0", no luck, still no option.

event tried to install silently with /s /v"/qn VDM_VC_MANAGED_AGENT=0 VDM_SERVER_NAME=xxx VDM_SERVER_USERNAME=xxx VDM_SERVER_PASSWORD=xxx". the installation seems successful but still don't see the RDSH registered in connection server.

any idea?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you already add the RDS Session Host role on the server? Also, ensure both Composer Agent and Instant Clone features are disabled when doing the install. Otherwise you won’t get the option for setting the Connection Server at the next step.

QuestMarkBai
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the session host role is already installed on the server.

there is no composer or instant clone feature option during install.

when click next, it goes directly to install step.

the option to select install RDS mode or desktop mode is not showing up

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The installer is specifically saying it doesn’t see the RDS Session Host role, which is why it’s throwing the window that you’re seeing. Can you double-check that the role is installed, rebooted, and properly pointing to a RDS license server?

Edit: Ah, I assume you’re just referencing that window and not actually seeing it. Hmmm, that’s odd.

0 Kudos
QuestMarkBai
Contributor
Contributor

sorry, I mean that selection is NOT showing up.

that screenshot is from another computer which does not have RDSH role.

0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Maybe try removing the RDS role completely and re-running the agent install to see if it prompts for RDS version? There is no existing Horizon agent already installed, correct?

0 Kudos
Suman1209
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You only see this page if you deselected both View Composer Agent and Instant Clone Agent features.

Select as answer if this solves or answers your query.!

Regards Sumanth VCP7-DTM7 , DCV , NV, VCAP7-DTM Design If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

im facing this issue alot ,and in most of cases there would be one of the below installed :

1- SCCM agent

2- AV agent

3- Desktop management or control agents

4- Security agents

so my advice go and use vanilla windows ,install the agent then go to other agents installations

ELayman
Contributor
Contributor

Have you noticed this with Windows Defender?

0 Kudos