VMware Horizon Community
Jesse1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

no desktop resources available

Hey All,

I've got View running, everything seems nice 'n dandy. The vCenter is happily composing non-persistent (linked clones) desktops, based on a XP-client (VMWare Tools and Agent installed) and I'm able to connect. After logoff the client gets destroyed and a new client is created. Thusfar, everything is ok.

If however I return in the morning and I start a thin client (Wyse V10L, Wyse S10) I log on succesfully but the feared "this desktop pool currently has no desktops available" appears; vCenter reports that the VMWare Tools Service is not running on the client. When I log in to the client however it is running. A reset of the linked clones through the Admin page of VIEW does help.

Any suggestions anyone? I'll be trying to create a new XP-desktop from which to clone, I'll report back if anything changes.

thanks,

Jesse

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

One thing you could try in on your Desktop pool settings is to set "When VM is not in use:" to be "Ensure VM is always powered on". This way your view admin is checking with each client from time and time which might help if you are thinking some of your issues is with your desktops lossing connections.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check the Windows firewall on the virtual desktop. Maybe the View agent can't talk to the server or vice versa. Also please check name resolution in all directions.

Blog: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth

0 Kudos
Jesse1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Christoph,

Firewall unfortunately not an issue. Resetting the clone through View Manager resolves the issue so it's more likely a service-problem within the client.

cheers for helping though!

Jesse

0 Kudos
Camek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

One thing you could try in on your Desktop pool settings is to set "When VM is not in use:" to be "Ensure VM is always powered on". This way your view admin is checking with each client from time and time which might help if you are thinking some of your issues is with your desktops lossing connections.

0 Kudos
Jesse1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Camek,

That might solve everything. I was under the impression that that setting was meant for persistent desktops;

I'll give it a go in the mornin' and post back with the answer.

cheers

Jesse

0 Kudos