VMware Horizon Community
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

naming of Client Drive Redirection share

Hi all,

We have several desktop pools (based on Windows Server 2008R2 and  2012R2) on which Client Drive Redirection is enabled and working fine. In Explorer the drive is mapped and shown as "<foldername> on <computername> (Z:)"

I have now started a new desktop pool setup based on Server 2019 and now the local drive shows as "Network Drive (Z:)". For the users this is confusing cause it doesn't says where this drive is mapped to. Some users have more than 1 local folder shared and they all come up as "Network Drive (Z:), Network Drive (Y:), ...

I can't seem to find any registry key, gpo or whatever setting to change the naming of this drive. Anyone knows how to change this behavior?

Michiel.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

While working on optimizing our new master image, I noticed that 1 of my redirected drives suddenly showed as <foldername> on <computername>. The other redirected drive still shows up as "Network Drive". A few logons later, both are shown again as "Network Drive"...

Anyone knows where to start looking why this happens? which logs, how to debug...?

Thanks,

Michiel.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
rpeb1723
Contributor
Contributor

Were you ever able to get this fully resolved?  I'm still having this problem years later and have opened a support ticket with no progress being made.  It seems to only work properly if the user already has a profile folder on the master image which is not going to be the case for us using instant clones

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unfortunately not, we learned to live with it...

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos