VMware Horizon Community
jesussan
Contributor
Contributor

more than 5 minutes windows 7 login with persona and horizon 5.3

Hi,

I'm trying to solve this situation in my enviroment. Now, we have over 100 users using view with persona management enabled. VMs user have persistents disks to store windows profile in combination with persona management. Profiles are stored in a windows 2008 R2 fileserver with 8GB, same vm network, no problems detected.

I enabled persona management  logs and no problems detected.

How can I reduce those timings? Users are upset with this situation and I can´t do anything to solve it.

Thank you very much in advanced.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

can you take a look in the windows event log from one of the affected machines. You should see an entry for the persona process Logon (and logoff). In it you will see a number of potentially useful stats for identifying why the logon is taking a long time. Perhaps a very large file is being preloaded, and it could be excluded from persona replication and folder redirection used instead for that...

here is an example screen shot of a test event log entry:

Persona_Supportability_Logon_Event.jpg

if you can take a look at this, maybe some things will immediately jump out at you and help you solve - but if not, if you could share the details with me (privately if you like) then I can try to help offer advice,

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos
jesussan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Peter,

First of all thank you very much for offer me your help.

I dont know how to solve this situation, I use persona management to get backup of windows profiles that its very importat for users instead windows roaming profiles. I thought that persona management with persistent disk would be the best solution but it doesn't.

This is the capture of the event you tell me of two users with more than 6 minutes of login. I'm not capable to see where the problem is.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
ErikTatum10
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Peter is going to be away from the office for a couple of weeks, so I'd like to jump in and help you from here.

Thank you for providing the screenshots.  Before we move on to the next step, I can see from your screenshots that you have client-side caching enabled.  It's important that you disable client-side caching when using Persona.  Please follow the steps in the following KB to ensure it's properly disabled in your environment. http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2016416

That aside, do you already have a case open with VMware for this issue?  If so, could you please provide the case number so I can see what information has been provided so far?

At this point I think the next step is to look at the Persona log file to see what it can tell us about the logon.  If you don't already have a case open with VMware, could you please make sure all the check boxes are checked under Logging\Logging flags and Logging\Debug flags in the admin template to turn on debug logging and then reproduce the issue.  Once you have that, please send me the zip file and I will take a look.

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
jesussan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your support. I disable client-side caching and I notice a little improvement but login time still so long. I haven't a case with vmware support but I'm going to open it. I was trying solving the issue by myself and I didn't open a case for that.

Thank you very much and sorry for my english Smiley Sad

0 Kudos