VMware Horizon Community
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

mmr redirection

ESX3.5u3 VC 2.5 U3 VIEW Premier_3_Build_127642

I'm testing the mmr redirection feature.

The virtual desktop is an XP with Windows media player 10 installed and view agent installed.

The local desktop XP with Windows media player 10 installed and view client (with offline dsk) installed.

When, on the virtual desktop, I ran win media player to listen to a windows media audio track, the win media player do not do anything, it stays like freezed on the beginning of the audio track, and on the local desktop nothing happen.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If you have installed the Agent and the View Client you should have all needed components. Please try to disable Agent/Client Firewall for testing purposes and try again.

Which type of media re you trying? Is it possible, that the Media Player does not have the right codec?

Thanks,

Christoph

0 Kudos
Bucketenator
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You may want to try the gspot2.7a utility to check that the VM has all the necessary codecs.

Bucket

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The media is a windows media audi track and for sure windows media player ha the codecs tu run this file.

I do not have firewalls enabled.

The only thing is that with my client I'm connecting through a security server and not directly to the agent.

Thanks

Mauro

0 Kudos