VMware Horizon Community
w00005414
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

max concurrent provisioning and power operations

Hi all, can someone tell me what the defaults are for the following two values within VMware View Administrator 4.5?

"Max concurrent provisioning operations"

"Max concurrent power operations"

These values are kind of hidden, within VMware View Administrator go to "View Configuration" -> "Servers" and edit the "VCenter Server" and clicked the "Advanced" tab half way down the page.

Mine are currently set to 8 (for concurrent provisioning operations) and 5 (for concurrent power opertions). I am just wondering if they have been changed from the default values.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NLC201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

8 and 5 are the defaults.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I can't find the defaults listed in any of the VMware View guides.  I can tell you that mine are 1 and 5 and I remember changing the first one.  I'm can't remember what they were before the change. 

NLC201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

8 and 5 are the defaults.

0 Kudos
w00005414
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Kudos
NLC201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No problem.  I know because I'm doing the class now and I just finished a lab to change those 2 settings on a default cs install.   Actually just registered so I could give you a solid answer Smiley Happy.

0 Kudos
LabsIT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is that with composer? I had read that composer was limited to only 2 provisioning operations at a time, and it is causing huge issues for us.

0 Kudos
w00005414
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is a setting within View Administrator with how it talks to the Vcenter server (which has Composer installed on it in our case)

0 Kudos
LabsIT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That is the same with our setup. The issue we are having is that in the morning we will have 40-60 users log on for 5-10 minutes just to check e-mails then log off, and we have it set to delete the desktops at log off, and this is on top of the 40-80 that will log on to stay connected for the whole day.

Our issue is that composer, in View 4.0 update 1, can only provision 2 desktops at a time. If in 4.5 it allows 8 at a time, we are going to be rushing to get this upgrade done.

0 Kudos
w00005414
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yup, we are running View 4.5 and that default is set to 8 so that might help you out. Good luck.

0 Kudos