VMware Horizon Community
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

macOS 12 can't connect to Horizon VDI

Hi,

I have Horizon Client 2103 installed on my macOS 12 Public beta 2 (I know beta) but I can't connect to my VDI trough it. It do work in Big Sur but not in macOS 12 - don't know why.

Error messages;
"
Desktop disconnected
The connection to the remote computer has been closed due to unknown reason, please check log for detailed information."

Is is something that I should do in my environment (horizon view) or is this a issue because of macOS 12 beta?

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Littlejth
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully VMWare will fix this soon, but for right now what you have to do is disable System Integrity Protection in order for it to work. You can do a quick google search to figure out how to do that. Keep in mind though that that will inherently make your MacOS system less secure.

robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare did release 2106 today so I'll try it out on my developer computer later and I'm hoping they have fixed the issue 🙂

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
0 Kudos
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Don't work and the 2106 version don't work either same issue.... Also where is the Apple Silicon native supported Horizon Client?

0 Kudos
wjw1
Contributor
Contributor

My experience was the same; found that disabling SIP for macOS & reboot did allow my local client 5.5.2 to load the desktop.  So, this should be resolved shortly after  OS12 is gold.  In the meantime, I re-enabled SIP & rebooted.  I am able to user the HTML5 Horizon client with good results. HTH others.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
blb4
Contributor
Contributor

With the latest MacOS Beta (21A5304g) Horizon Client works again for me!

0 Kudos