VMware Horizon Community
Tractor87
Contributor
Contributor

macOS 10.15.7 Card Recognition Issues with Horizon

Hello,

My I have recently run into an issue where VMWare Horizon won't recognize my military smartcard. I have ensured all military certificates are downloaded and redownloaded the Horizon software. I still receive the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 08.16.24.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SabrinaHou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Smart Card Token driver has been disabled on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and later. If you still want to use the legacy Smart Card TokenD driver, You need to manually enable the legacy Tokend driver for Smart Card. The Horizon Client for Mac 2006 has already support CryptoTokeKit framework which can support the PIV card without any 3-rd party Smart Card middleware.

For PIV Smart Card, there are two ways to resolve the issue.

Option 1: Remove the PIV CTK driver from Disabled Tokens list (Recommended way)

> Please use below command to check whether you have disabled the CTK driver for your smart card.

#defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard DisabledTokens

> Please use below command to remove PIV Smart Card from disabled CTK driver list

#sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard DisabledTokens ""

>Reboot the OS

Options 2: Manually enable the legacy Tokend driver for Smart Card

>Please use below command to enable

#sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard Legacy -bool true

>Reboot the OS

After modify the configuration, you can below command to verify the Smart Card driver status.

#system_profiler SPSmartCardsDataType

For Toked Smart Card driver, you can find the smart card driver and certification under "Tokend Drivers" section.

For CTK Smart Card driver, you can find the smart card driver and certification under under "SmartCard Drivers" section.

T

0 Kudos