VMware Horizon Community
affaking
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

javaw.exe missing on View Security Server - View 6.2.1

Hello,

I am trying to pair a View Security Server with a connection server (6.2.1).  Both servers are running Windows 2012 r2, and ran into a new error (for me anyway).

I setup the pairing password, and when I go to install the Security Server component, I get a pairing error  horizon 6 pairing error.png.  I can access the connection server from the security server with https, and believe the other dmz firewall rules are setup correctly.

Looking through the logs I find an error about javaw.exe not being a recognized command.  I drill down to the path from the log entry, and find that javaw.exe is not where it seems to be expected.  it looks to be a dynamic path created by the installer process

serverInstUtil: 12/18/15 10:15:11 Launching ""C:\Users\ADMINA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{E9740BB3-641F-492D-8B76-802FA34C778F}~setup\unpack\program files\VMware View\Server\jre\bin\javaw.exe" -Dcom.vmware.vdi.orchestratorj.nativelib=ws_java_nativeNODEP -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.library.path="C:\Users\ADMINA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{E9740BB3-641F-492D-8B76-802FA34C778F}~setup\unpack\program files\VMware View\Server\bin" -cp "C:\Users\ADMINA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{E9740BB3-641F-492D-8B76-802FA34C778F}~setup\unpack\program files\VMware View\Server\sslgateway\lib\*";"C:\Users\ADMINA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{E9740BB3-641F-492D-8B76-802FA34C778F}~setup\unpack\program files\VMware View\Server\lib\*"; com.vmware.vdi.tunnelpairing.XmlAjpClientNew 10.97.1.129 8009 "C:\Users\ADMINA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{E9740BB3-641F-492D-8B76-802FA34C778F}~setup\cache" check"

serverInstUtil: 12/18/15 10:15:11 Java SS pairing check returned '"C:\Users\ADMINA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{E9740BB3-641F-492D-8B76-802FA34C778F}~setup\unpack\program files\VMware View\Server\jre\bin\javaw.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

serverInstUtil: 12/18/15 10:15:11 ERROR: Unexpected error occurred while determining if advanced Security Server pairing is supported

I have used this installer binary to install the corresponding Connection server without issues that I have noticed so far.  I just downloaded the 6.2.1 installers yesterday (12/17/15) and the files were dated 12-8-15.   I did not find anything related in the release notes for this version, or in the install guide.

I can certainly install the java runtime and copy files in-place (although I am not sure which version).

Any suggestions or ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
affaking
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

File this one, under Make Sure to check twice...

I disabled UAC, re-ran the installer - same error. 

I reviewed the event log, and found an MSIInstaller error (Event ID 11335)

Product: VMware Horizon 6 Connection Server -- Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Replic~1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Turns out it was the MSI. When I re-downloaded the file, it worked just fine.   I had just used this file 10 minutes prior.  Goes to show measure twice...  really does matter

Saving this here for others to avoid my mistake 😉

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
affaking
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

File this one, under Make Sure to check twice...

I disabled UAC, re-ran the installer - same error. 

I reviewed the event log, and found an MSIInstaller error (Event ID 11335)

Product: VMware Horizon 6 Connection Server -- Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Replic~1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Turns out it was the MSI. When I re-downloaded the file, it worked just fine.   I had just used this file 10 minutes prior.  Goes to show measure twice...  really does matter

Saving this here for others to avoid my mistake 😉

0 Kudos