VMware Horizon Community
AlexStern
Contributor
Contributor

issues with VDI Evaluation Could not retrieve CustomizationSpecManager

I am having issues connecting to VM for which i created entitlement from VDM server. VMware doesn't provide technical support during evaluation phase which sucks.... Not sure how they expect customers to buy this product which doesn't work out of the box

Here is my environment and problem description. In case if someone has any idea please advice:

ESX IP: 192.168.0.107

Virtual Center Server IP 192.168.0.103. Windows 2003 VDM Server IP: 192.168.0.114 Windows 2003

Virtual Machine: 192.168.0.113 (Vista SP1)

I created entitlement to AD user from VDM Manager.

I am trying to login to virtual machine using VDM client.

When I login with users credentials I see that he has virtual machine assignment but when I click connect I see screen "The VDM Server in preparing the desktop" and then it times out with error message "The desktop has failed to open. The Desktop is currently not avlible"

This is what i see in the log of VDM server:

3:59:52,123 ERROR <VirtualCenterDriver-01d58c8c-1221-408f-8ae8-0998ac987fc5> Problem connecting to VirtualCenter at com.vmware.vdi.ob.broker.ae.b(SourceFile:284)

java.lang.Exception: Could not retrieve CustomizationSpecManager

at com.vmware.vdi.ob.broker.ae.b(SourceFile:268)

at com.vmware.vdi.ob.broker.ae.<init>(SourceFile:157)

at com.vmware.vdi.ob.broker.ae.a(SourceFile:117)

at com.vmware.vdi.ob.broker.de.run(SourceFile:1602)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks

Alex Stern

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Moved to the more appropiate VDM forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos