VMware Horizon Community
vSean
Contributor
Contributor

ipad client 1.3 resolutions

The additional resolution in presentation mode are a big improvement, but most of the screens I plug in to are cheaper 1680x1050 panels.

Is there a way to add a custom resolution, or is someone watching the forums that can have it added to the next update?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As a followup to this, I'm finding the desktop automatically extends to anything plugged into the HDMI dongle on the iPad - which goes very strange when I'm plugged into a native 720p device, although perfect for the iPads own native resolution - is there any way to either force a resolution, or turn presentation mode off so I just get a mirror of the regular iPad display?  (Which was what I really expected/wanted)

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Crickets...Is there anyone on the iPad client team that can ackowledge a request for getting the little 'presentation' checkbox to be clearable so I can get old school 1024x768 display mirroring rather than just desktop extension?

0 Kudos
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

if you are using view composer for linked-clone, try to create a parent Image for your VMs that will be look like the parent

after that when you are in customization, set the display resolution to what fits your need

but if you are using full VMs or non manage, you may need an admin priv for change this setting on win7.

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No it's an issue with the iPad client not the source desktop - that's usually 1920x1200 and I pan around as needed.

The iPad client seems to only have a couple of resolution options hardcoded - which I don't think is an IOS thing, as the iPads native resolution doesn't seem to be one of them.

0 Kudos