VMware Horizon Community
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

interesting login failure situation

hello,

i have a user who can login successfully on the lan (from both zero client and from laptop with view client installed) but when he trys to login using the view client on his home pc he gets an invalid username / password error. i connected to his home PC and verified that this was actually happening and not a user error. any suggestions as to what this can be? some additional info:

-tried to uninstall / reinstall view client

-successfully logged in as different user

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Does his password have special characters?   Perhaps one of his keys on his home keyboard isn't working correctly and thus causing a bad password when trying to login.     I mean you have ruled out the View environment, firewall, internet connection, etc.     I would try chaning his password to something really simple and seeing if it works that way.

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

no special characters ...

good call on trying to change the password. the keyboard being broken is the only reasonable explanation i can come up with as well.

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ill let you know if that works after i get a chance to test.

0 Kudos
DKatman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have found a few instances with people's personal laptops. I think it has mostly been Acer. It acts as if they are holding their Fn key down, so that if that key shares a function like the number keypad, it is using the secondary feature instead.  I have a colleague who uses a seperate USB keyboard when he uses his laptop for this reason.

Dave

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

quick update ..  user brought in the tower. we hooked it up here in the office and it authenticates and logs in no problem!

im clueless on this one. as is vmware support.

0 Kudos
ludchrs
Contributor
Contributor

perhaps this is a remembered password issue within the OS or security application?  if windows perhpas its associating the wrong "domain" based on location and network preference settings.

0 Kudos