VMware Horizon Community
vtothem
Contributor
Contributor

iPad VMware View and Smart Card login

Hey everyone,

Currently in a DoD enviorment where smart card / CAC is prevailant... I am trying to figure out a way to enable the user to login to the View client and subsequent desktops with a CAC.

When i enable "require smart card" as an option on the connection server I am able to login utilizing a smart card on the Windows View client, but when using the iPad version it only states "Smart card required" and does not let me past that prompt.

I have a Thudsby reader for the iPad that is hooked up.

Does any one have any insight??

One possible option I see is to have a VPN using the thursby secure browser and using that as a way to gain access to the virtual desktops. Is there a way to login to a view connection via a web browser??

Thanks in advance!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

There is no support for smartcards on the iPad client.

From View 5.2 there possible to use a html5 compliant browser to access a view desktop.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
vtothem
Contributor
Contributor

Does the Html5 browser allow for CAC authentication?

Does anyone else have any insight into this?

0 Kudos
SabrinaHou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Both iOS View client and Html View Client do not support CAC authentication now.

0 Kudos
6pk2go
Contributor
Contributor

When will it become available?  We have been waiting for three years!

0 Kudos
SabrinaHou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Client for iOS 3.0 already supports CAC Smartcard feature. Please upgrade the view client to the latest version from Apple Store.

0 Kudos
daraink
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any plans to support the Thursby smart card reader from the VMware Horizon client for IOS?

0 Kudos
tthomassen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Has anyone gotten any more feedback or information on this case?

We would also like to utilize a smart card reader (Tbursby, baiMobile ie.) and authenticate users to a View server with their smart card.

The iOS guide states that a baiMobile card reader has been tested, but according to the vendor, they state that no native iOS app has yet to support their SDK and framework.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
kdenike
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We do work with the baiMobile 301MP smart card reader with iPhones. Thanks for the feedback on Thursby.

0 Kudos