VMware Horizon Community
mrstorey303
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

iPad Pro + Horizon Client + External Peripherals

We’re currently toying around with the new iPad pros and the Horizon client, attaching them to external monitors via USB-C.

Anyone know if the horizon client does, or will support external peripherals such as mice and keyboards connected either via a usb-c doc or monitor?  I tried connecting a usb mouse via a monitor but had no luck.

It’s a bit of an edge case / long shot, but we’re just scoping out if a company issued iPad + VDI solution would be viable for some users.

Would be interested if anyone has gotten this to work, and what kit / models they used.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There is one "special" mouse that works with the Horizon Client on iOS called the Swiftpoint GT / ProPoint  https://www.swiftpoint.com/

From vmware: External Keyboards and Input Devices

It's more of a travel mouse. I have one and it works great for it's purpose.

This mouse also works with the iOS app "Jump Desktop" for remote PC/Mac RDP

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mibarret
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There is one "special" mouse that works with the Horizon Client on iOS called the Swiftpoint GT / ProPoint  https://www.swiftpoint.com/

From vmware: External Keyboards and Input Devices

It's more of a travel mouse. I have one and it works great for it's purpose.

This mouse also works with the iOS app "Jump Desktop" for remote PC/Mac RDP

scottn57
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Will the Horizon iPad app now support the built in Mouse support in iPadOS 13.4, as well as the trackpad on the Magic Keyboard and Logitech offerings?

0 Kudos
geoffreykobrien
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can confirm that it does work.

0 Kudos
Markus88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you test that? Scrolling on the trackpad of the new Magic Keyboard doesn't work for me.

0 Kudos
andrewlandsverk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can also confirm that scrolling with the touchpad on the magic keyboard does NOT work on latest iOS (14) and Horizon Client 8.

0 Kudos
Pengq1zZ
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Horizon Client 8.0.5 has supported external USB/Bluetooth mouse/trackpad for iPadOS. Please upgrade and enjoy.

Meanwhile, if you want to use the external mouse, please ensure that 'Settings->Touch->Windows Native Touch Gestures' has been disabled.

0 Kudos