VMware Horizon Community
esmondep
Contributor
Contributor

iPad 3 slow and not resizing when using bluetooth keyboard

Hi there,

I just upgraded to the iPad3 and I am noticing that it is much slower than the iPad2 with regard to responsiveness.  This is particularly true with scrolling and moving between applications.  A side-by-side comparision is obvious that the iPad3 is much pokier.

Additionally, when connect the bluetooth keyboard, the iPad 2 would resize the window so I could see the start menu.  This is no longer functioning on the iPad3.  This was very helpful because then I did not have to scroll around the window in addition to trying to scroll within a window.  I used the "Auto Fit" setting and I have the newest iPad app from the app store.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Patrick

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
vSolid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

still, wait for the upgrade of view client for iPad 3 document also the official update for view client on iOS

if you have the leaste version of view client 1.4 try to downgrade to 1.3

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vmware-view-for-ipad/id417993697?mt=8

0 Kudos
omegard
Contributor
Contributor

I see the exact same issues with my new iPad, so much so that I have uninstalled VMware view on my new iPad. Its a horrible experience and frankly an exercise in patients. On my iPad 2 speeds are great VMware view functions like we all expect, productive, fast, and responsive, the new iPad is a completely opposite experience.

0 Kudos
Inspector5
Contributor
Contributor

We have also noticed that the app is slow enough to be unusable on the new iPad but performs well on the iPad 2. Is there any word on when we can expect an update?

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The iPad 3 is currently laggier than the iPad 2 with the View Client due to changes on the Apple side. We have a solution to the problem and we plan on addressing it soon.

Pat

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The iPad 3 performance issue has been resolved with the View Client 1.5 release and it is no longer laggy compared to the iPad 2.

Pat

0 Kudos
esmondep
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for the speed issues for the iPad3, but the keyboard issues remain.  When using a bluetooth keyboard, the screen gets squished and does not scale properly--visual abnormalities, especially with images.  The version 1.3 would change the screen resolution of the VM when the keyboard was connected.  I could see this information in display properties.  The current version does not change the resolution, it just interpolates it to a different proportion. 

0 Kudos