VMware Horizon Community
tfloor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

howto disable skype virtualization pack on agent side

Hi,

Can someone give me the right registry / group policy or service to disable the virtualization pack on the horizon desktop side.

Here it's installed on the thin client and within the parent of horizon, but i need to disable that feature without reinstall / recompose everything.

There must be a way.....

Thanks

Tristan.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kli
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Tristan,

You can do the following:

• On 64-bit View Desktops with 64 bit Skype for Business: rename "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProvider" to "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProviderDisabled"
  • On 64-bit View Desktops with 32 bit Skype for Business: rename "HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProvider" to "HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProviderDisabled"
  • On 32-bit View Desktops with 32 bit Skype for Business: rename "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProvider" to "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProviderDisabled"

After renaming the registry key, exit and restart Skype for Business.  Skype for Business will now be unoptimized and use RTAV for calls.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kli
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Tristan,

You can do the following:

• On 64-bit View Desktops with 64 bit Skype for Business: rename "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProvider" to "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProviderDisabled"
  • On 64-bit View Desktops with 32 bit Skype for Business: rename "HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProvider" to "HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProviderDisabled"
  • On 32-bit View Desktops with 32 bit Skype for Business: rename "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProvider" to "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Office/Lync/VdiMediaProviderDisabled"

After renaming the registry key, exit and restart Skype for Business.  Skype for Business will now be unoptimized and use RTAV for calls.

tfloor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks,

that is exactly what I needed.

0 Kudos
tfloor
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tried it,

but when closing Skype for business in the desktop, i'm not able to rename the VdiMediaProvider key to something else like VdiMediaProviderDisabled

I can completely delete the key, and then Skype for business starts up without the optimizion systray icon, but calls don't reach the endpoint anymore.

So what's the best way to temporarily move from optimized mode to Un-optimized, or how the call it.

0 Kudos
Justin_Y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you ever get any assistance with disabling and enabling in session? We are testing an issue that is tied to the Skype integration plugin with Polycom VTC and it would be great to turn off/ on the plugin to test. Thanks

0 Kudos