I need the version 4.9 .ipa also to be able to connect to my machines at work. Version 4.10 will not work and I cannot make any changes on the server side. If anyone finds the 4.9 .ipa please let me know, i need this ASAP
Unfortunately, I don’t have the answer, but I am facing the same issue. Update to version 4.10 has completely killed the functionality of the app. It will not connect to the server.
I have a support case open on the issue. Hoping it will get me something to work with. Our issue is TLS 1.0 support was dropped with the 4.10 client. Our new system is a month out so we need users to still have access until that is live.
Well support case is closed. Opened a new support case with AirWatch and they were not able to assist either. I was told I might be able to get assistance from Apple but I'm not thinking they are going to release an older ipa to us. Not sure what to do in this situation as our new environment doesn't start being built until next month.
Which version of Horizon and the Horizon Agent are you running?
If you have Horizon Agent 6.2 or older can you do an upgrade until the new environment is ready?
I got some sketchy instructions from VMWare to re-enable TLS 1.0 in v4.10. Here's what I developed from them and it WORKS for me:
I got THIS to work! Try it, first making sure that VMWare Horizon Client is loaded (but not running) on the iPhone/iPad
1) Create a file named config.txt on a computer (desktop or laptop) that is not your phone/tablet. It should contain one line: TLSv10 = enable (there's a space on both sides of the = sign)
2) If you don't already have it, download & install the latest version of iTunes to the computer and run it.
3) Plug in the iPhone/iPad. It should show up as an icon near the upper-left corner of the iTunes app. Click it.
4) In the left menu bar under Settings, click Apps
5) You'll see a center section with images that look like the screen on your iPhone/iPad. Scroll down the page and you'll see File Sharing
6) Under Apps, you should see Horizon. Click it.
7) Below and to the right of that section, you'll see a button labeled Add File. Click it and navigate to the config.txt file on your computer. Add it and select the Done button in the lower right corner.
Now try to use Horizon Client and log into your VM!
Oh yes -- be sure to DISABLE updates on your device or when v4.11 comes along, you'll be back in the same place you started from!