VMware Horizon Community
baber
Expert
Expert

how can install one software on all of my desktops after create all Desktops in vmware horizon view

Hi

i have a question about vmware horizon view i have installed vmware horizon view 6.0 and now i have created 3 pool with 15 Desktop in total now for example i want to run new patch and install on my desktops or for example i want to install microsoft office on my desktops now i have to install office individual on all of my desktop ? or just enough install on one of my desktop ?

what do i have to do ?

Best regards

BAbak

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Do all 3 of your pools use the same image/snapshot?  If so you only need to update the one image/snapshot.

If all 3 of your pools use different images/snapshots then you'll need to update all 3 images/snapshots.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

no i have 3 different pool with different snapshot

but my main question is now :  i have created all of my desktops but i want know today all of my desktops are ok and my users  are now use from desktops but know my users request for install office on their desktops now can i install office just one time  or have to install office individual on all of m y desktops?

best regards

Babak

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You can do it either way but if you install to an individual desktop then those changes will be lost upon a refresh of the pool.   The best practice is to update all patches/software in the snapshot (golden image)  and update the pool based on this snapshot. 

You can also look into using Thinapp for your applications.

0 Kudos