VMware Horizon Community
iDaehan
Contributor
Contributor

how about using storage vMotion migrate view desktop?

I would like to know how about using storage vMotion migrate view desktop?

Because of my engineer are using storage vMotion to migrate view desktop to the new datastore, but replica are stay at to the old datastore.

I have read many document but not have anyone talking about using storage vMotion to migrate view desktop.

So, if we migrate view desktop by storage vMotion and then use rebalance. It should be complete to migrate to the new datastore?

2 Replies
jeniferslabaugh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Since you said replica I assume these are linked clones.  You don't and can't storage vMotion linked clones, it's unsupported.  The only supported way to move them to a new datastore is using rebalance.  Disable provisioning, then go into your pool's storage settings, deselect all of the old datastores and select all of the new datastores.  This won't affect any existing linked clones until you perform a rebalance.  When you are ready to rebalance, enable provisioning and perform the rebalance on the pool in View.  Note that rebalance also refreshes at the same time.

iDaehan
Contributor
Contributor

Correct it's linked clone. But my engineer do that storage vMotion to migrate linked clone to new Datastore and cannot migrate replica. lol

So i will test to use software backup and re-deploy and then restore data for user computer.

Thank you jeniferslabaugh.

0 Kudos