VMware Horizon Community
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

host table empty / available (missing)

Hello,

recently I composed a new linked-clone pool, but i can't connect to the pool. The pool is available but (missing)

I already deleted the pool and created again and recomposed again, but the "host" table and "datastore" table are still empty. I certainly selected the cluster otherwise I couldn't create that pool. And the VM's are created in the vcenter and are turned on

Here you can see I have another pool where everting works fine:

Someone who can help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The pool the works and the pool that is missing are on different clusters? When you deleted the pool from View Admin did it delete the VM's from within vCenter? Does the user accounting setup to connect View to VirtualCenter have the correct permissions to view those host and the datastores?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mittim12

0 Kudos
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

All the pools are in the same cluster. And when I deleted the pool, it was automatically deleted from the vcenter.

And I used the the same admiuser as always, so this user already made a working pool.

0 Kudos
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

Is there someone with the same problem, or someone with a solution?

My problem is simila to this problem: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101322...

but my blade isn't in maintenance. I tried the solution from this KB, without succes Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When you get a status that has the word missing at the end of it this usually means that View is pretty sure it created the pool but it now can't find the VMs. Did someone happen to move the VMs out of the folder that they were created in?

Can you verify that the VMs are exactly where you told them to be created in VC?

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
dcarle
Contributor
Contributor

I checked the VM's in the Inventory and i found the problem VM's under the folder 'Discovered virtual machine' while the pool created an own folder 'vanas_pool'. So I moved them the there folder but still missing. Should I do something extra?

i can see in the configuration, that there is an 'vm'-folder like in \Datacenter\*vm*\vanas_pool , but i can't find this folder. But i see in the working pools the same 'vm' folder like \Datacenter\vm\vdXP, but this one works perfect

Here you can see some screens of the current configuration and folders.

0 Kudos