VMware Horizon Community
Farid1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

horizon view there was an error identifying the validity of the server vcenter

Hi after change vcenter self-signed certificate to own internal certificate Horizon view give that error: "horizon view there was an error identifying the validity of the server vcenter"

when I try to edit desktop pool it give me error "unable to connect to vcenter"

I export vcenter certificate from internet explorer and put it to trust root in View Connection server but it not working.

8 Replies
RoderikdeBlock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you also reboot the connection servers as mentioned in this KB article:

VMware Knowledge Base

Roderik de Block

Blog: https://roderikdeblock.com
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Read this

Re: Help! Vcenter shows red on Horizon 5.2 due to untrusted certificate.

its for an older version but the idea is the same. You need to make sure its in all connection servers and the view composer server as well if you have one.

0 Kudos
Farid1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I rebooted in order as discribed in article but i have same issue, I restored vcenter with old seerificate but problem was not solved if I delete desktop pools from horizon and delete vcenter from servers from horizon and add it again i will have problem with users workstation?can i add ne desktop pools and add vcenter again?will it work?

0 Kudos
Farid1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I rebooted in order as discribed in article but i have same issue, I restored vcenter with old seerificate but problem was not solved if I delete desktop pools from horizon and delete vcenter from servers from horizon and add it again i will have problem with users workstation?can i add ne desktop pools and add vcenter again?will it work?

0 Kudos
Farid1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
Farid1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In dashboard i see all green no problem

0 Kudos
Farid1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can not accept any certificate from horizon

0 Kudos
Farid1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

problem solved only with restore from backup both vcenter and view connection server