VMware Horizon Community
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

horizon view clipboard copy and paste windows client to vdi both directions

There should be a word for when you lose something on google... like I have.

6 months or so ago, I found an article on google explaining how to enable copy/paste clipboard in both directions from windows horizon client to my vdi WITHOUT using group policy.  I followed it and it worked, I even did it for a couple of my users and it worked for them ... and is still working for them

Unfortunately, I reloaded my workstation recently and I can't find the link on how to do it anymore.

I work for a large corporation with one AD tree and getting someone to add a GPO to it is not possible... well if I wanted to argue with them open change requests and dedicate large amounts of time listening to CCB meetings for my change to come up I might be able to in like 6 months or something.  But somewhere out there, there is a procedure I followed that did not need GPO applying and it worked for me and 3 others... and I can't find it and I can't remember what it was I did.

If this rings any bells with anyone, I would love to find what I have lost on google.

Thanks

Bill

Bill Dossett
4 Replies
bjohn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perhaps you can load the GPO locally on the workstation that needs it? Or load it on your workstation and see what registry keys it sets using process monitor.

0 Kudos
roneng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can add regsitry key to enable / disable it.

Actually you can configure any GPO configuration using the registry, without needing the GPO itself.

Just remember, once you configure the GPO it will not be reflected on the GPO wizard.

Goodluck

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am not sure if this helps. but I hope this is what you are looking for:

VMware Horizon Clients – Carl Stalhood

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
RalphBethke
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

you should be able to enable clipboard redirection by simply setting the corresponding registry key within the VM.

If it does NOT exist, first create a key with following path "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Teradici\PCoIP\pcoip_admin". Then create a DWORD named "pcoip.server_clipboard_state" and assign the value "1" which should enable bi-directional clipboard access. Please refer to the screenshot below.

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards

Ralph