VMware Horizon Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

horizon view 6 not mapping printers

I got printers on my endpoint and when I connect to my view desktop, I am not seeing the printers on the view desktop.

tpconnect is running

any idea?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

anyone having this issue with thinprint not redirecting printers from endpoint to my virtual desktop?

I tried uninstalling the agent, tools and reinstalled

uninstalled the client and reinstalled does not work

0 Kudos
smithar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could you please let me know the following details :

1. what is the Horizon client version that you are using?

2. What is the agent version?

3. Is TPAutoConnect.exe running on the agent?

Thanks,

Smitha

If you found this answer useful, please consider the use of Helpful or Correct buttons to award points ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

horion view client is running 3.3.0.25749

horizon view agent is 6.1.0.2509441

tried these command and It did not see any printers

yes tpconnect is running on the client

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
smithar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using zero client for accessing the remote desktop? If so please let me know the zero client type.

Also, please collect the thinprint logs using the Thinprint diagnostic utility : http://www.thinprint.com/en-us/help/thinprintdiagnosticutilty.aspx

If you found this answer useful, please consider the use of Helpful or Correct buttons to award points ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

not zero client. just regular pc endpoint with horizon client installed

0 Kudos
smithar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for providing additional information.

Please collect the Thinprint logs and virtual channel logs and attach it in this post. Please use the below steps to collect the logs:

Collecting ThinPrint logs :

The KB article below explains how to collect ThinPrint logs :

https://ikb.vmware.com/contactcenter/php/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2004001

Collecting Virtual Channel logs :

Set the below two registry entries - on both Agent and Client.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Log]

"VChanLogLevel"=dword:0000000b

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM]

"DebugEnabled"="true"

"TraceEnabled"="true"

Once the registry entries are put in place, disconnect from the View-Desktop if you are connected and start the session again.

Client logs can be found here:

Win XP       C:\Documents and Settings\<USER-NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs\VChan-Client.log

Win7/Vista   C:\Users\<USER-NAME>\AppData\Local\VMware\VDM\logs\VChan-Client.log

Agent logs can be found here:

Win XP       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs\VChan-Server-<APP-NAME>.log

Win7/Vista   C:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs\ VChan-Server-<APP-NAME>.log

0 Kudos