VMware Horizon Community
billdossett
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

horizon reduces video memory and then I fail to connect

I had this problem when i set up the first horizon PoC and managed to get around it finally, that is in production now and no further problems.

Now setting up a demo for another site, I have same problem and I can't find an answer.

I set up a vm desktop, change the video memory to 256 MB.  Then when I add it to horizon, it reconfigures the memory to 70 MB.  When I try to connect with my mac with two very hi res monitors, it goes blank black screen and then fails to connect.  Remove the desktop, add video memory, make sure I can login, add the desktop to horizon again and it reduces it back to 70 MB and I can't connect.  I can connect on low res computer screens, so pretty sure this is the problem (and it was the problem in my original PoC)  so how can I prevent it reducing the video ram available?

Thanks

Bill Dossett
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
the1whynotq
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

set the screens to 4 and the resolution to the max should get you ~128MB on the pool desktop.

Is this a view pool or a Manual desktop? if it's a pool provisioned via View then it is setting the minimum required on the pool if it is manual pool and a vCenter VM then you can try editting the VMX file directly.

0 Kudos