VMware Horizon Community
krmoralesg
Contributor
Contributor

horizon client not working good

hi guys

i just created an account. what happens is that i work in a call center and we use VMWare horizon client 4.0.1. the thing is that we take calls really fast but the VMWare studio is actually super slow it looks like a computer like 10 or 15 years ago; my question is: is there anyway to make the computers faster, or what should the problem be? i really don't know that much how it Works but the computers are Intel xeon 2 generation and 4gb of RAM.

i'd be pretty happy to know a solution for this and give a recommendation to IT department, i think that there is a main computer that handles the simulator for a bunch of pc's but i would like to have someone from technical support to tell me what is going on; if the hardware is so slow or it's just a software versión that we shall upgrade. 

for anyone who knows i'd really appreciatte your comments on what we can do as a Company and what could i tell to the IT department so we can have  a better performance.

best regards to anyone !

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hey! I'm really glad you reached out to us. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Your just trying to do your job but the software given to you performs horribly and it has created such a problem you reached out to a technical forum on it. I want to help you!

Your issue has three possible sources.

1. The virtual environment is undersized, meaning that there is not sufficient resources to go around.

2. IT is unable to solve the issue.

3. Both.

Here is my recommendation because I know you have limited access to review the environment.

1. When your VDI desktop is running at its slowest. Open Task Manager (Google that).

2. On a notepad, write down the time of day, the up time listed, the CPU %, and the memory %.

3. Then click on Open Resource Monitor

4. Click the Disk tab. Then expand out the Disk Activity. Write down the highest number in the Response Time column.

Now, with that information go speak to your supervisor. Explain why you wanted to investigate this and that you would like support when submitting a ticket to IT. Also, that supervisor should throw kudos on you!

Next is submitting a ticket to IT which can get tricky. Make sure to mention the support form your supervisor. If they close the ticket quickly, then go back to your supervisor to escalate further. I can't promise you will get resolution to the slow desktop. It could be anything from budgeting to an unsolvable issue to IT being IT. However, you will get a final answer pointing to one of those three.

Good Luck!

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos