VMware Horizon Community
fnature
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

horizon client fails to connect

Hi all,

New horizon 6.0 installed.

Connection server freshly installed.

When trying to connect from horizon client gives straigt away the error "error: a network error occured"

I can ping and telnet 443 to connection server from view client.

I selected "do not verify server identify certificates" > still same issue after

View client logs give logs below.

2015-09-21 12:38:35.989+00:00 ERROR (181C) [WinCDK] RebrandingPref::LoadCertFile : Failed create new BIO from cert file: C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\rc\rebranding\vendor.crt.

2015-09-21 12:38:35.989+00:00 INFO (181C) [WinCDK] RebrandingPref::CheckRebranding : Could not find the HashAlg setting in the file signature64.conf.

2015-09-21 12:38:35.989+00:00 ERROR (181C) [WinCDK] RebrandingPref::VerifyCert : Invalid parameter.

2015-09-21 12:38:35.989+00:00 ERROR (181C) [WinCDK] RebrandingPref::CheckRebranding : Failed to verify cert.

no other errors in the log,

but certificate shouldn't be a problem..

disabled proxy server in internet options in windows > still same issue after.

firewall in the client desktop is off.

same issue on 2 win8 and win7 added to our domain.

I tried to install view client in a VM win8 not added in our domain, this works ok. ( BTW I have same cerficate error in the logs there )

=> how to troubleshoot further what prevents horizon client to connect on my machines connected to the domain ?

thanks

francois

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I'm just taking a stab with a KB based on the error message, VMware KB: VMware Horizon View Client cannot connect to a View Connection Server host in a proxy ser....       This is all internal with no security servers, etc?    If you visit the CB url from an internet browser does it respond correctly?     The error is generated on an attempt to connect to the pool which means you get authenticated and are displayed your pool list correctly?

0 Kudos
fnature
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok, sorry I did search a bit more,

Issue occurs happens only on 1 desktop. On the other deskop, if I disable the proxy this works ok.

On the desktop that fails, disabling the proxy doesn't resolve the issue. I have vmware vsphere client installed on it also.

it's internal yes, no security server.

0 Kudos
fnature
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you visit the CB url from an internet browser does it respond correctly?

yes

This is all internal with no security servers, etc? 

yes

The error is generated on an attempt to connect to the pool which means you get authenticated and are displayed your pool list correctly?

no, I get the error straight away after trying to add the connection server url in horizon client.

0 Kudos