VMware Horizon Community
alainap84
Contributor
Contributor

horizon 6 view composer local administrator password; running SviConfig

Hi everyone, I am new to my position and do not have the local administrator password for the Horizon 6 view composer server. I am having issues with desktops not deleting so I need to manually remove them from the composer database. I am trying to run SviConfig but it ask for the local admin password.

If I change this password, where would I need to put in the new password? and is this the local admin password for the server itself? I am running composer and vcenter together.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It's been a while but IIR you can use an 'Admin' account that is part of the local administrator's group on the Composer/vCenter server.

Here's a snippit from a KB that talks about removing composer entries

VMware Knowledge Base

When you attempt to remove a linked clone reference from the View Composer database using this command:

SviConfig -operation=RemoveSviClone -VmName=VMname -AdminUser=TheLocalAdminUser -AdminPassword=TheLocalAdminPassword -ServerUrl=TheViewComposerServerURL

Where:

• VMname is the name of the virtual machine to remove
  • TheLocalAdminUser is the name of the user who is part of the local administrator group. The default value is Administrator
  • TheLocalAdminPassword is the password of the administrator used to connect to the View Composer server.
  • TheViewComposerServerUrl is the View Composer server URL. The default value is https://localhost:18443/SviService/v2_0.

If you are a member of that group give your ID a try and see if that helps.

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Any user who is added to 'local admin' group on view composer machine, is fine and you can use that user to run sviconfig command.

0 Kudos