VMware Horizon Community
friesoythe
Contributor
Contributor

guest customization no longer works since patchday september

We use Sysprep for the guest customization. That always worked well.

Since the patch status September 2020, the desktops have been created, but the guest customization don't work.

If I then have the ParentVM "Patchday August" distributed again, it works. Then again the ParentVM "Patchday September" does not work again.

We use:

-VMware ESXi, 6.7.0, 16713306

-Horizon View 7.4

-Windows 10 LTSC

-View Agent 7.12

-VMware Tools Version: 11297

The setuperr.log is empty.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Windows 10 LTSC, whats the actual version? If its Windows 10 1809 LTSC (Enterprise) its not supproted on 7.4 and you need to ugprade

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
friesoythe
Contributor
Contributor

We are using the Horizon 7 Agent version 7.12.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

It doesn't matter, you are supposed to use the same agent and connection server versions except in very few situations and only by guidance from GSS. The older connection servers don't know how to talk to the newer agents correctly and things cannot be expected to work correctly.

0 Kudos
client26
Contributor
Contributor

Have you solve the problem with the patchday september? 

I actually have the same problem in our systems since sebtemper 2020. Also have the same log entry (sysprep generalize drivers) in the setupact.log.

0 Kudos
Rae0
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Any update or fix? Same issue since patch September and am really wanting to get things updated. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
client26
Contributor
Contributor

I found a solution to the problem for myself. I changed the SCSI controller of the master's virtual hard disk from LSI Logic SAS (default) to VMware Paravirtual. Since this change, the rollout and the customization worked good and without any problem.

Notes How i changed the boot hard disk found here https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010398.

0 Kudos
Rae0
Contributor
Contributor

my error was a little different, where we'd get sysprep errors but the log wouldn't be blank. 

I deleted the respecialize registry as I determined that it wasn't completing before customization started. 

0 Kudos