VMware Horizon Community
orgilplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

error during Provisioning initial publish failed:

I am trying to set up desktop pool and after configured it says:

error during Provisioning initial publish failed: Fault type is Unknown_fault_fatal - After waiting for 600 seconds internal template vm: vm-175 still has not finished customization. Giving up!

horizon error.png

How can I solve the problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

> During initial publish, cp-template VM is first created using your master image. If cp-template or subsequent VMs fails to complete customization in 600seconds, it times out and this error pops up.

> Possible causes for customization failures are:

* APIPA address.

* Domain join failure.

* Windows volume license activation.

> Make sure that the parent VM and Instant Clone VMs have a DNS server correctly configured and are able to get an IP address.

> On the master image try below:

Add the key GPUpdateEnabledOnIT with type DWORD and value 0 to HKLM\Software\VMware Inc.\ViewComposer\ga

Take a new snapshot and push it.

> If it still fails:

You need to first prevent cp-template from getting destroyed after the customization failure. Enable debug mode by following the below edoc

Troubleshooting Instant Clones in the Internal VM Debug Mode

Enable the provisioning back on the affected Instant clone desktop pool & login to the VM and check the customization log which is located in C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-viewcomposer-ga-new.log.

0 Kudos
orgilplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can I install it on Windows Server 2016 Evaluation?

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which component you want to install on server 2016 evaluation?

Take a look:

VMware Knowledge Base

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
StellaRoberts
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Shreyskar! I am encountering the same issue as orgilplusGPUpdateEnabledOnIT
with type
DWORD and value 0 to HKLM\Software\VMware Inc.\ViewComposer\ga (I did have to create the viewcomposer and ga key manually because they were not there by default)and added the cloneprep.debug.mode parameter with the value ‘ON’ The template is no longer deleting immediately, but I am not seeing the view composer log in the c:\windows\temp directory. The OS that I am working with is 1909 Enterprise. Do you by chance know where else that log might be stored?

0 Kudos
Nick_Fletcher
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same problem, when I logged into the template VM I was unable to acquire an IP address. In the end I deleted the VMXNet3 adaptor and added a new one, that fixed it. The only thing I can think of is that there was a clash of MAC addresses maybe?

0 Kudos