VMware Horizon Community
seniornwb
Contributor
Contributor

disconnects on View with terminal server 2003 connections

Hi,

I have a terminal server that is used both for VMware view connections and through direct RDP connections. Users have to try twice or even three times to connect to the terminal server. 1st and sometimes 2nd attempt gives them a disconnect.

When the disconnect occurs I can see the following messages from the VDM agent in the Application log:

Event Type: Information Event Source: VMware VDM Event Category: VMware VDM Event ID: 103 Date: 20-03-2009 Time: 08:57:06 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: NT010-6 Description: Session RECONNECTED: id=6, user NT010-6\HCPS, client=(null) (non-portal) Event Type: Information Event Source: VMware VDM Event Category: VMware VDM Event ID: 103 Date: 20-03-2009 Time: 08:57:06 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: NT010-6 Description: We got a session manager connect/recconect, but the underlying protocol reports disconnected. Setting disconnected state. Event Type: Information Event Source: VMware VDM Event Category: VMware VDM Event ID: 103 Date: 20-03-2009 Time: 08:57:06 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: NT010-6 Description: Session DISCONNECTED: id=6, user NT010-6\HCPS, client=(null) (non-portal) Event Type: Information Event Source: VMware VDM Event Category: VMware VDM Event ID: 103 Date: 20-03-2009 Time: 08:57:06 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: NT010-6 Description: Initiated logoff on disconnect auto-logoff for session 6

Any idea's what could be causing this and/or how to solve it?

Kind regards,

Hen

0 Kudos
1 Reply
seniornwb
Contributor
Contributor

When I look at the view broker I can see the connections that are in the terminal server event logs are sessions with state disconnected in view broker.

We have set the 'Automatic logoff after disconnect' to Immediately but we still have disconnected sessions ??

It appears the automatic logoff after disconnect setting is nog working in our case. Terminal server issue or View broker issue ?

PS. manual logoff in the broker on the disconnected session doesn't work either. The session stays disconnected.

The error that appears in the view event log is:

Server with DN: cn=41ba6c1d-aa95-4a29-8021-3d0b1f355abb,ou=servers,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int returned an error: ErrorCode=7022 - Failed to logoff session

Regards,

Hen

0 Kudos