VMware Horizon Community
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

dedicated connection servers for internal use only

hello,

i currently have two connection servers and one security server. with my current setup all of my users, regardless if they are internal or external are using PCOIP gateway to connect to their desktops. id like to add some connection servers for internal use only (per vmware recommendation, thanks mark benson) so that internal users use PCOIP direct connection. im little caught up on the steps ill need to take in order to make this happen. id appreciate any insight. id like to do this with minimal changes to ip addresses and or dns names so that i dont have to change anything on either the view client or the zero clients that sit internal.

cheers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We isolate our environment but utilizing DNS.   We have three connection brokers with two being dedicated for internal use and one that is paired with a security server.  The internal DNS for our View url only includes the two that are designated for internal use ( no tunnel) and the external DNS points to the security server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
caryers
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Use the TAG feature build into the View Admin console. You can TAG each connection server with some verbiage like Internal1, Internal2, etc. Then at the media pool level, have the media pool use restricted to a particular connection server via the TAG. Your security server can then point to a different connection server, etc.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We isolate our environment but utilizing DNS.   We have three connection brokers with two being dedicated for internal use and one that is paired with a security server.  The internal DNS for our View url only includes the two that are designated for internal use ( no tunnel) and the external DNS points to the security server.

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks for the replies everyone .   @mitim12 do you use round robin dns internally to load balance the connection servers as well? 

one more question if you don't mind.  if i wanted to modify the pairing of the view security to a different connection server,  how would i go about doing that as i had specified the pairing during the installation?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We are in fact currently using round robin DNS to the internal environment.    As far as the security server I'm not sure how to manually pair one.   The install was simple enought that I would consider re installing.   

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@mittim12 -  we implemented the dns changes and added a dedicated connection server used for pairing with our security server as you suggested and it worked out great.  thanks for the inisght. 

cheers.

0 Kudos