VMware Horizon Community
nsousaarlington
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ctfmon.exe "Unknown Hard Error" for Windows 10 1809 LTSC

pastedImage_0.png

Has anyone seen this before? LTSC has been difficult for me to create a Windows 10 master image from.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nmiller81
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the same error intermittently.

0 Kudos
conexio
Contributor
Contributor

I have been fighting this issue for several months now with random ctfmon.exe success unknown hard error. Haven't really found a way to fix the issue other than making sure desktops get refreshed at every log off/restart. Thinking of disabling advanced text services and then working around whatever else that "breaks". I know for sure that the search bar on the toolbar does not work after disabling ctfmon...not sure what else it may break.

Users will attempt to login and will have random ctfmon.exe success unknown hard error. I have checked gold image with sfc /scannow, DISM scans/repairs, installed all available updates for windows, chkdsk (clean), have tried deleting fslogix profiles and creating fresh, etc.  There is a Dragon naturally speaking application that is on the desktop image that I plan to remove as that could be causing some of the issues...obviously a refresh fixes this, but there are times when users are not regularly logging off or restarting (we do have some forced disconnects and log off timers enabled but they are not fool proof) and encounter this issue when trying to login.

0 Kudos