VMware Horizon Community
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

connection to remote computer failed

I've a VIEW test environment. installed from CD VMware view premier 3 build 127642 .

ESXis 3.5 U3 and VC server is U3 too.

If, from a VIEW internal CLIENT, user1 connects to the CONNECTION SERVER, I can see the list of the pools/desktops AGENTS, choose one of them and then connect to the agent.

But if froma VIEW external CLIENT, user1 connects the SECURITY SERVER, I can see the list of the pools/desktops AGENTS but I cannot connect to any desktop because I get ms: connection to the remote computer failed.

I've checked that from the SECURITY SERVER, user1 can connect the agent with an RDP session.

On the CONNECTION SERVER events list I see the following events:

User user1 has successfully authenticated to VDM

Problem setting up HTTP connection: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

do you have Direct Cconnection to Desktop option disabled? you may also check the event viwer of the View client machine, which may offer you more info from the client side...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

On your security server, do you have your external URL setup correctly?

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The external URL on my security server is https://192.168.100.124:443

192.168 .100.124 is the address that is reachable from the network outside.

Ive also configured the file loched.properties with file generated fron the CONNECTION SERVER administrator interface, pressing the CREATE CONFIG FILE link.

0 Kudos
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

do you have Direct Cconnection to Desktop option disabled? you may also check the event viwer of the View client machine, which may offer you more info from the client side...

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

:smileygrin:

Enabling DIRECT CONNECTION TOP DESKTOP on the view server, the problem is solved but this means that also the client inside the network that pass thru this view server cannot have a direct connection to the virtual desktop?

0 Kudos
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

as far as I know, that's correct...unfortunately...

0 Kudos
Penic_Albin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have similuar problem. Can you tell me Direct connection to Desktop must be disabled or enabled?

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
SurfControl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

in this case --> disabled

0 Kudos
Sinosh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have also have this problem ,while after check "direct connection to desktop", it still not working..

Please refer http://communities.vmware.com/thread/220598 , could you give some advice?

0 Kudos