VMware Horizon Community
guaro5555
Contributor
Contributor

connection server

Hi all

As per you can see I am very new at this VMware so, go easy on me.

I would like to know where to look for active connection to a Connection broker server, I would like to reboot the server and I would like to know which VM are connected before I can do this.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks abunch

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware vCenter™ to VMware® Horizon View™

If you log in to the https://View_Connection_Server/admin, you can view the active sessions from there.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
guaro5555
Contributor
Contributor

VMRoyale

Thanks for jumping in as stated I very new to all this

so when you say https??view_connection_server/admin, does that mean that every connection broker has its own admin portal, so can I use

https://locahost/admin for this purpose?

That is for this particular connection server?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JulianAR
Contributor
Contributor

Yes or you can use the hostname or IP address for that view connection server. 

Julian

JAR .------..------..------ . |J.--. ||A.--. ||R.--. | | :(): || (\/) || :() : | | ()() || :\/: || ()() | | '--'J|| '--'A|| '--'R | `------'`------'`------ '
0 Kudos
guaro5555
Contributor
Contributor

VM.. Thankssss a bunch

is there any other way to check for internal connection to the connection broker server other than this method, how about if you can not log on into the web portal, any tools that can be use to determinate what connection has been established with this particular connection broker.

and again thanks a bunch for battling with me on this

0 Kudos
JulianAR
Contributor
Contributor

Open a command prompt and run:

netstat -a | findstr /i 4172

port 4172 is the PCoIP default port.

so for example if you run:

netstat -a | findstr /i 443

which would be the tomcat server used for the admin portal it will list output would look like  and you see what's established

TCP     0.0.0.0:443          idsyntax:0               LISTENING

TCP     127.0.0.1:4001     idsyntax:49443 :smileylaugh:   ESTABLISHED

There are a few TCP/IP ports that need to be open to ensure you are receiving the best functionality of VMware View Virtual Desktops. The ports may vary depending on how you utilize the Virtual Desktop.

VMware KB: Confirming that correct TCP/IP ports are open on a VMware Horizon View Virtual Desktop

General Ports

• 32111 (TCP)

Open in both directions between your VMware View Virtual Desktop and your VMware View Client. This facilitates USB redirection between your View Client and Virtual Desktop.

• 9427 (TCP)

Multimedia Redirection (MMR) is supported by View Client and View Client with Offline Desktop on certain operating systems.

Note: MMR is not required in both directions.

PCoIP Ports

• 50002 (TCP/UDP)

Used for PCoIP in a VMware View 4.0.x and later environment. This port is required for the PCoIP display protocol on the software client and must be open in both inbound and outbound directions.

• 4172 (TCP/UDP)

Used for PCoIP in a VMware View 4.5 and later environment. This port is required for the PCoIP display protocol.
    The port 4172 UDP must be open in both inbound and outbound directions.
    The port 4172 TCP must be open in only the inbound direction.

RDP Ports

• 3389 (TCP)

This port is required for usage in a View environment where Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is the preferred display protocol. This port must be open between either the View Client and the Virtual Desktop, or the VMware View Connection or security server and the Virtual Desktop.

Connection server Ports

• 4001 (TCP)

This port must be open in the outbound direction so the View agent can report its status to the connection broker it is bound to.
JAR .------..------..------ . |J.--. ||A.--. ||R.--. | | :(): || (\/) || :() : | | ()() || :\/: || ()() | | '--'J|| '--'A|| '--'R | `------'`------'`------ '
0 Kudos