check out VM fail - Internal error

Hello Dears:

I have a problem when I try to check out a VM

I got some message and hope someone can help me to solve the problem

-

my VM is windows xp sp2 32 bit and my client is xp sp3 32bit

esxi 3.5 u3 , VC 2.5 u3 , view client 3.0.1 build-142034

Logs:

Problem checking out VM cn=5a464277-a679-4644-ac38-b839ef99a6f9,ou=servers,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int: null

Error while adding custom fields: VM Lock Status, Offline Desktop Status for mo type: VirtualMachine com.vmware.vdi.vcsupport25.ServiceConnection25

AxisFault

faultCode: ServerFaultCode

faultSubcode:

faultString: Permission to perform this operation was denied.

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

NoPermissionFault:<object type="CustomFieldsManager">CustomFieldsManager</object><privilegeId>Global.ManageCustomFields</privilegeId>

Permission to perform this operation was denied.

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.<init>(BeanDeserializer.java:104)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.<init>(BeanDeserializer.java:90)

at com.vmware.vim25.NoPermission.getDeserializer(NoPermission.java:156)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.getSpecialized(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:154)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.getDeserializerAs(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:84)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.getDeserializer(DeserializationContext.java:464)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.getDeserializerForType(DeserializationContext.java:547)

at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultDetailsBuilder.onStartChild(SOAPFaultDetailsBuilder.java:157)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)

at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)

at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)

at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)

at com.vmware.vim25.InternalVimBindingStub.addCustomFieldDef(InternalVimBindingStub.java:31637)

at com.vmware.vdi.vcsupport25.ServiceConnection25.addCustomFieldNames(SourceFile:1164)

at com.vmware.vdi.vcsupport25.VmController25.setCustomFields(SourceFile:1302)

at com.vmware.vdi.desktoptracker.VmOperationSwitchBoard.switchTo(SourceFile:335)

at com.vmware.vdi.desktopcontroller.PendingOperation.h(SourceFile:3146)

at com.vmware.vdi.desktopcontroller.PendingOperation.run(SourceFile:2060)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Error trying to switch back to checked-in mode for VM cn=5a464277-a679-4644-ac38-b839ef99a6f9,ou=servers,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int com.vmware.vdi.deskto

Error while adding custom fields: VM Lock Status, Offline Desktop Status for mo type: VirtualMachine com.vmware.vdi.vcsupport25.ServiceConnection25.

Thanks!!

Edit Expire Delete

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What are the resource requirements for the VM and what are the resources available on the local machine?

Are you in the LAN when checking out the VM or WAN?

0 Kudos
Mcgrady
Contributor
Contributor

Hello :

i found something about check out

if i try to use administrator as Virtualcenter user , i will check out my vm successful

but if i use a domain user which also in administrator group(Virtual Center Server) as a virtualcenter user , it got error which i post above

so is the Virtualcenter user must be a administrator ?

can not be a domain user which have administrator privilege

does anybody have any recommend for me , thanks!!

0 Kudos
nkrick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever get an answer to this? In the View Manager Administration guide on page 158, it states that:

"Desktops can only be checked out from VirtualCenter if the VirtualCenter user specified in View Manager is an administrator. Ensure that the VirtualCenter user that has administrative rights before attempting to use Offline Desktop."

That is word for word from the Admin guide, including the grammer error. I currently have a support request in to try to determine exactly what permissions are needed, as I don't want the View Manager user account to have Administrator access in Virtual Center. I don't think Admin should be required, someone was probably lazy when documenting it since it is an "experimental feature."

0 Kudos
nkrick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a hunch...I was looking at your error, and permissions in VC and noticed that in "Global" there are two permissions that are probably needed. They are "Manage Custom Attributes" and "Set Custom Attribute." I am going to test adding these to my View Manager role and see if it "fixes" the problem. I'll report back my results.

0 Kudos
nkrick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My hunch was wrong. There must be other permissions needed. No work from VMware support yet.

0 Kudos