VMware Horizon Community
MrZip747
Contributor
Contributor

change name PersistentDataDisk ?

Hello,

In a View deployment of View 4.5, I would like to change the name of the persistent disk as it is named in the vdesktops in Windows ?

I know thats cosmetic...but I have been asked to...

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So you are talking bout changing the name of the disk inside of Windows from the SVIDataDisk to something else? I wouldn't anticipate any issues but I would test witha recompose and other clone features after the fact to make sure that profile redirection continues to function properly.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mittim12

0 Kudos
MrZip747
Contributor
Contributor

So you are talking bout changing the name of the disk inside of Windows from the SVIDataDisk to something else?

Yes I am.

I wouldn't anticipate any issues but I would test with a recompose and other clone features after the fact to make sure that profile redirection continues to function properly.

I thought the recompose process could only affect the system drive but not the persistent disk. There is maybe a configuration file that contain this string a,d that is used by the composer to generate the persistent disk ?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You are correct any composer features should not affect the persistent disk but given the importance of the data on the disk I felt that would be the best and easiest thing to test. The configuration information for composer lives on the 10MB disk attached to the VM but I'm unsure how to access that.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mittim12

MrZip747
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help, I will continue to search in this direction.

0 Kudos
JoeDDfS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

you can use win command label - Label.exe d: %computername%_D and your HDD will be named by computername.

JZ