VMware Horizon Community
Tony68
Contributor
Contributor

can not Import Physical to VM

I cannot Import the Physical to VM ! Can someone help me to finish this task ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Can you provide some additional detail as to what you are attempting to do? Do you want to utilize a physical PC as an option to VMware View for VDI?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Tony68
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to Import Physical Machine to VM and getting error message. I tried four times and completed only 2% and then failed. I can ping physical machine IP address as well vCenter Server VM IP address.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So it sounds like you are using something like VMware converter to import the the physical server into your ESX environment. Are you using the stand alone version or one that is integrated into vCenter. Are you sure that no type of firewall is enabled? Have you checked the converter logs to see if you can get any information from them?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So it sounds like you are using something like VMware converter to import the the physical server into your ESX environment. Are you using the stand alone version or one that is integrated into vCenter. Are you sure that no type of firewall is enabled? Have you checked the converter logs to see if you can get any information from them?

0 Kudos