VMware Horizon Community
MNCNE
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

boot cd to connect to vmware view desktops?

Hallo,

I use the trail version vom VMware View 4.5 and maybe we want to buy this product for the future to connect thinclients with virtual desktop.

My question for this test is, is there any possibility to connect from a laptop without windows or any other OS to the vmware view desktop maschienes?

Maybe is there something like a boot cd wich only have a small OS or program on it to get a connection to the vmware view desktops?

The reason for this is that your company need spezial thinclients and it need a long time till they where delivert and we want that the users only have one OS to use.

My goal is that the user has only his laptop with this boot cd and thats all, i dont want to have the user with his laptop and windows and a programm wich has to be started by the user him self to get the connection to the vmware view desktop.

I hope that anybody understand my issue because my english is not so good.

Thank you for all answers

bye

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi welcome to the Community.

Yes, you can use a linux client , with any linux flavor (Linux can be installed, booted through CD or or PXE booted)

View open client is available here http://code.google.com/p/vmware-view-open-client/