VMware Horizon Community
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

blank screen when connecting using view client

good morning,

i have a situation on my hands where if i try and connect to my desktop using the view client i can login but when i click to launch all i get is a black sceren. if i then navigate to the external url of my security server i can login and my desktop is displayed. has anyone experienced this? any insight would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can connect from a WAN using PCoIP if you're using a VPN. If you're

using Security Server, for now you'll need to use RDP.

Ian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you first attempt to login are you on the LAN or outside of the network and coming through the security server? If your coming in through the security server you can not use PCOIP as it's not supported.

If the above doesn't help would OS are your VDI desktops and what protocol are you using?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks for the reply. when first logging in i was on the LAN. desktops are windows XP running view agent 4.0.1.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You didn't say whether you were using PCOIP or RDP. Here are a few KB articles on PCOIP.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1016633

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1016961

As far as your environment how is it setup? Inside the LAN are you utilizing direct connect? If you simply try to RDP to the VDI machine from your desktop can you get in?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

we are using PCOIP. most people use wyse p20s to connect in. however, there are a few users who use their laptop or dekstop to connect using the view client, myself included. i was under the impression that if I connect using the client on the LAN i'll use PCOIP and if i connect from a public network, i.e. my house, i'd connect using RDP?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I use the client from both home and work and if I'm at home I have to switch over to RDP to connect up. I think if you utilize the portal instead of the client it will automatically connect with RDP.

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Exactly if I switch over to the portal it connects right away. So basically if I just select RDP from the drop down I should be good to go? And just so I am clear there shouldn't be any issue bouncing between the two protocols, correct?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Correct just pick RDP from the protocol drop down on the client and you should be fine. I switch back forth on the same session all the time and have never run into any issues.

chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

perfect ill give that a go. i like easy resolutions.

0 Kudos
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can connect from a WAN using PCoIP if you're using a VPN. If you're

using Security Server, for now you'll need to use RDP.

Ian

0 Kudos
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

perfect thank you.

0 Kudos