VMware Horizon Community
nikkion75
Contributor
Contributor

backup virtual desktop in View 4.5

Hi,

my question is how to make a user data disk backup in a virtual desktop. I browse the datastore of a virtual disk but the user-disk-D does not seem the user data. Infact when I copy, for example, 1GB in my Desktop, the file which grow in its dimension is vm_name-00001.vmdk instead user-disk-D.

Thanks for your help!

Nik

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SDO1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. dont use user data disks, get a 3rd party profile management solution like appsense. liquidware etc.

2. where do you store the data you copy to your vdesktop? its only the user profile that is put on the UDD.

./sdo

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Have you verified that your profile is actually being stored on the secondary drive? I tested with one of my test users on a pool with a persistent disk (user data disk) stored in a different data store. I downloaded a 1GB file and there was a substantial increased in vmdk size for the user data disk.

This proves that it dos work but in my opinion the desktop and my documents are better suited for folder redirection to a network share.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mittim12

0 Kudos