VMware Horizon Community
rahulgp
Contributor
Contributor

agent unreachable status in desktop source for terminal server abd physical desktop

I installed vmware view agen on a windows 2008 server and windows xp PC ( both in the same domain as view server 4.0). I was able to add desktop from the view server for both 2008 server and xp PC. But when I go to the desktop source, status of the agent is unreachable. When try to connect to the desktop via view client get the following error "desktop source not available". Appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenSchaefer135
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved? We're having a similar situation with a couple of physical Windows 7 machines, they work for about a day or 2 then the show as "Agent Unreachable" in the Admin console and the users can't connect to them. Reinstalling the agent seems to make it work again for a day or 2...

0 Kudos
Faustina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Install the view agent manually on the desktop and then it would work.

if altready installed then check the service is running.

rgds

Faustina

0 Kudos
curtis123
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same issue.

Agent is installed on Windows 7 machine, can not ping view.whitehorse.ca or it's IP from agent windows 7 computer.

I then tried pinging out view server from my machine and a few others, nothing. It's working as we have virutal machines running in view that we can connect to just fine.

0 Kudos
curtis123
Contributor
Contributor

re-installing did not work.

• Smiley Sad service is running. 
0 Kudos